Tuesday, August 14, 2012

8/14

I have been reading a new book these last few days and absolutely LOVE IT!  Unglued  by Lysa Terkeurst.  I am a huge fan of her books because she is so down to earth.  I can read the book and it's all there - I'm not alone.  Maybe I am a weirdo - but I can sit in a room full of women from church and feel so out of place - so alone.  I'm not a stay at home mom nor a home schooler - I work 40 hours a week AWAY from home and try to manage my house work in the spare time (I know, that's a joke - what spare time).  I am not the most organized and all of these things add up for me and make me feel inferior.  I know, I know - they shouldn't but they do.  This book has really touched my heart.  My copy looks like a young child got a hold of a highlighter and went to town.  I am a visual person and LOVE to highlight and make notes. 

I have discovered that I am a stuffer.  I think that I already knew that but never knew how to deal with it.  In a lot of ways, this being a "stuffer" has played a role in my quest for a healthier life.  When feeling over-whelmed - I am an emotional eater.  A few years back, I almost lost my marriage.  I had thoughts that my husband didn't love me anymore, didn't care for me any more - etc.. but instead of talking to him and getting to the bottom of my feelings, I stuffed them which led to some serious damage.  I am so grateful that my husband is a forgiving man and that God has given him the love for me to love me in spite of myself. 

I haven't finished this book yet but already know that I am going to highly recommend it to anyone that will listen.

I have also found an amazing online bible study thanks to a blog that I follow, it's called http://shereadstruth.com/.  I am getting so much out of it.  Thanks to Tina (http://www.tinareale.com/) for the pic on instagram that led me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment