Friday, August 17, 2012

8/17 Primal day 2

I made it successfully through day 1 - in spite of having a horrible expensive day (I'll explain a little later) but I made it through yesterday's plan with flying colors.  I know that it was only day 1 but the only thing that I really missed was my morning oatmeal.  I never had the sweet instant stuff - just plain 1/2 c old fashioned oats cooked in 1 c water but it was more or less comfort food and frankly... I FREAKING LOVE OATMEAL!  

Here's my plan for today:
Breakfast:  Coffee with 1/2 c almond milk, 2 poached eggs with 2 small Roma tomatoes and broccoli.  Can't forget the Citrucel.
AM Snack:  1/2 c plain Fage' Greek yogurt (left my almonds at home)   :(
Lunch:  4 oz Top Sirloin steak (leftover from last night), 1 c broccoli, 1 c raw spinach with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 c raspberries
PM Snack:  low fat string cheese
Supper:  Chuck roast that is cooking in the crock pot all day :) 1 c green beans and maybe 1/2 c baked sweet potatoes.  Can't forget the Citrucel before bed.

I will do Curves Circuit + Zumba at noon today on my lunch break and may try to get a walk in before I go to a meeting today.

Anyway - back to yesterday's disaster!  When I was trying to leave for work - my car wouldn't start - battery completely dead.  Hubby & son gave me a jump start and I did make it to work.  Car proceeded to die again and I was able to get a jump start and then headed to auto parts store and spent $110.00 on a new battery.  Then off to the eye appointment and was told that - you are now 43 and in need of bifocals!  Lovely!  Wearing contacts and glasses isn't enough - BIFOCALS NOW?!?!  Oh well - I can't I can't stop the aging process.  $330.00 dropped for new glasses!  Contacts will have to wait, luckily I still wear hard lenses and can get by with my current pair. 

I'm still reading Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst and after my day yesterday I found this quote very comforting, "If this is the worst thing that happens to me today, it's still a pretty good day", Lysa Terkuerst.  I am almost finished with this book and I have gotten so much inspiration and guidance from it.

Here's to another GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment