Friday, August 24, 2012

8/24 Primal day 9

All is still going well, still grain free!!  :)  Although I think I did experience a little of the dreaded "carb flu".  Not sure what it was, just wasn't feeling like myself.  That's what I get for thinking that I was still consuming too many carbs and decided to cut out my beloved yogurt!  Mistake on my part.  Although yogurt is still good for us, great for the digestion (which I need all the help that I can get) it still has 22g carbs for 4 OZ - man - that's a lot!  So after feeling like crappola, I bought some plain Greek yogurt and will have it on hand and it only has 8g carbs for 4 OZ. 
I am also going to experiment this weekend and make me some bulletproof coffee - so, we'll see how it turns out.  Wish me luck!   here's the recipe that I'm going to use and the reasoning behind it:

So I buy the best coffee there is, brew it, and then I blend unsalted grass-fed butter into it. Yes, butter. All the benefits of healthy milk fat with none of the damaging denatured casein proteins found in cream. It makes for the creamiest, most satisfying cup of coffee you’ve ever had. It will keep you satisfied with level energy for 6 hours if you need it. And because I’m having it for breakfast, I’m programming my body to burn fat for energy all day long!

Recipe
•Start with 500 ml (2 mugs) of black coffee brewed with mold-free beans (important)
•Add 2 Tbs (or more, I prefer 80 grams, about 2/3 of a standard stick of butter) of Kerry Gold or other UNSALTED grass-fed butter
•Add 30 grams of MCT oil for max energy, weight loss and brain function (optional if you have none)
•Blend with a pre-heated hand blender, Magic Bullet, or (best) counter top blender until there is a creamy head of foam
**MCT oil is coconut oil
We'll see how my oh-so-sensitive-stomach likes this :)
Here's to another awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment